Saint-Louis-Les-Bitche

armoiries Saint-Louis-Les-Bitche
Mayor

Monsieur Fabien LEDIG

Number of inhabitants 555
Department Moselle
Town Hall Place de la Mairie
57620
SAINT-LOUIS-LES-BITCHE
Tél. : 03 87 06 40 20
image Saint-Louis-Les-Bitche image Saint-Louis-Les-Bitche image Saint-Louis-Les-Bitche image Saint-Louis-Les-Bitche

SAINT-LOUIS-LES-BITCHE

 

In the heart of the Northern Vosges, in a steepsided valley, the workers houses of Saint Louis-lès-Bitche surround the crystal manufacture, whose first traces go back to 1586. It is there that in 1782 was developed, for the first time in France, the manufacture of crystal.

Today, Saint-Louis at the same time seeks to perpetuate a tradition several times secular while being anchored in its time. Under the impulse of Hermes, become majority shareholder in 1994, crystal manufacture adapts its knowledge to make ancestral with profit for its modern creations. In 2007, a superb museum was created in the centre of manufacture. “La Grande Place”, museum of the crystal Saint Louis presents 1500 historical works carried out at royal manufacture, four times centenary, and attracts each year many visitors.